“Growing up, no one protected me from being hurt by others. I don’t want that for my children. I’m scared of doing this on my own, but I want to learn!”
-Hearth Homes Resident
You read their stories in our newsletters and you see their pictures on our Facebook page, but do you know how you can make change happen?
Every year, we house nearly 20 mothers and 30 children, and every year, these sweet lives are transformed. You make that happen by volunteering or promoting food drives at your church or workplace. However, we cannot provide safe homes, skilled interventions, and an extended reach to more families in more communities, without your financial support.
You secure the future of homeless women and children housed at Hearth Homes by becoming a monthly donor. Please join us as we look forward to 2016 and accomplishing critical goals:
-Sustaining current programs that equip mothers with critical skills to break cycles of abuse, addiction, and poverty.
-Eliminating our $130,000 mortgage to dramatically increase overall sustainability and allow us to serve more families in more communities.
Did You Know Hearth Homes:
- Provides the only transitional housing in the county to women and children throughout the reunification process after state dependency (foster care).
- Provides the only transitional housing services in Spokane Valley.
- Is frequently sought out by local churches for assistance when serving high-needs populations in crisis.
- Operates on a community model that engages local groups, churches, and individuals, and collaborates with other service providers to provide holistic and relational interventions
- Receives no state or federal funds and is supported entirely by individual donors, local businesses, churches, civic groups, private grants, and fundraisers.
Sustaining Current Programs: Become a monthly donor today and transform the lives of homeless women and children in Spokane Valley. Join us for our annual fundraiser on December 16th: White Christmas at Civic Theater.
Eliminating Mortgage: Current campaigns are underway and have raised over $35,000 to eliminate the $130,000 mortgage. When the mortgage is paid off, we will move forward in establishing another Hearth Homes.
More Families, More Communities: Needs assessments are underway to identify the placement of the next Hearth Homes by 2020 to equip more communities to serve more families.